- a comprehensive explanation of CompreFace
- who will find CompreFace most useful
- the solution’s main features
- the main benefits of using CompreFace
- examples of areas where CompreFace can be applied
- why a company or an individual user should choose CompreFace
Watch this introduction to the Exadel CompreFace solution and stay tuned for another episode about CompreFace.
Here’s What You Need to Know About CompreFace
CompreFace is a free open-source facial recognition software that provides a simple REST API supporting integration with third-party systems and can be deployed anywhere on premises or in the cloud. CompreFace is a viable solution for professional developers, aspiring software engineers, and businesses alike.
What Are the Main Features of CompreFace?
CompreFace can be used in a variety of cases:
- It can be used for face identification to identify a person in a collection of existing faces
- It is used for face verification to determine if people are who they claim to be (for example, if someone presents an ID card and you need to verify that the person on the ID and the person in front of you are the same)
- CompreFace is also used for age/gender detection, which can help you understand your clients better
- CompreFace has a landmark detection feature to find the location of facial features within an image (this can be used to understand where people are looking, and therefore what they are interested in)
A Rundown of CompreFace’s Benefits
- Most importantly, CompreFace is very accurate (99.83%)
- It can be used on different hardware (CPU or GPU)
- CompreFace is DevOps friendly and is delivered in Docker containers, so it can be run very easily and be integrated in modern systems like Kubernetes
- Since CompreFace is an open-source solution, you can deploy it however you want while always maintaining full control of your data
- The interface is user-friendly, so you can manage your face collections and test them from the UI; there’s no need to run any code
CompreFace can be applied to any facial recognition case, although the most popular usage is for security. Our users have found it particularly helpful in managing access to secure areas. CompreFace can also help with attendance and timesheet tracking, as you can use it to verify that students and employees are on-site at appropriate times.
CompreFace can also be used in advertising and marketing. Of course, every business wants to find their VIP clients, so CompreFace can detect your VIP customers upon entrance, giving you the opportunity to provide them with excellent customer service. CompreFace can be used to automate check-in at hotels, conferences, and transit stations.
Why Choose CompreFace?
Facial recognition software can be extremely expensive to set up, run, and support. CompreFace facial recognition software is FREE — you only pay for custom software and server fees if you need them. Secondly, facial recognition is a difficult process that requires experts in machine learning and computer vision, but CompreFace can be easily integrated into IT systems by any software developer, even without AI- or ML-specific skills. Facial recognition software always involves sensitive data that you want to control, and CompreFace stores the absolute minimum data needed and only on your server. Additionally, CompreFace doesn’t require an Internet connection; it can be installed on-premise.